بورس دانشگاه کپنهاگ دانمارک بورسیه تحصیلی دکتری
Two PhD Fellowships in Comparative Paediatrics and Nutrition
Department of Veterinary Animal and Clinical Sciences, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences at University of Copenhagen is offering two PhD Fellowships to commence on 1 October 2016 or as soon as possible thereafter. The positions are limited to three years.
Information about the Department can be found at: http://ikvh.ku.dk/english/
The Section of Comparative Paediatrics and Nutrition is located at Frederiksberg campus. The research activities focus on the interplay between diet, microbiota and gut, immunity and brain in early life. The projects include work in preterm pigs that show many clinical similarities to preterm human infants. The activities aim to improve early gut, immunity and brain functions with relevant milk and microbiota interventions in early life. A range of methodologies are applied in collaboration with local group members from wide academic backgrounds (basic biology, nutrition, veterinary medicine, human medicine). The applicant will be connected with the research platform NEOMUNE (www.neomune.ku.dk), i.e. a network of scientists aiming to improve health in early life of compromised infants. Depending on the candidate´s educational and training background, the project will include work with pigs and/or human infants at associated hospitals. Laboratory analyses are a part of the PhD projects but will be supported by internal and external partners.
Professor Per Sangild
Associate Professor Thomas Thymann
To be appointed later
- MD or DVM
- Prior experience in clinical work and/or translational research with laboratory animals
- Knowledge in neonatology, paediatrics
- High motivation and basic scientific skills are essential
- Good communication skills both oral and written, including English usage
- Good collaborating skills are essential
General Job description
Your key tasks as a PhD fellow at Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences (SUND) are to:
- Manage, carry through and conclude your research projects, from experiments to analyses of samples
- Actively participate in PhD courses
- Write scientific articles and finalize your PhD thesis
- Participate in international congresses
- Conduct a research stay at an institution abroad
- Teach and disseminate your research
- A highly important research topic, aiming to improve the health of children
- A scientific environment with highly dedicated colleagues from wide academic backgrounds
- An international work atmosphere with a large proportion of non-Danish co-workers
- A research environment that strives to make a scientific and applied difference in child health
Key criteria for the assessment of candidates
- The grade point average achieved in relevant University degrees
- Professional qualifications relevant to the PhD programme
- Previous publications (if any)
- Relevant work experience
- Other professional activities
- Language skills, including English
The successful candidate is also required to be resourceful and to possess good interpersonal skills.
The positions are available for a 3-year period for applicants holding a relevant master´s degree.
It is a prerequisite that the PhD candidate is enrolled as PhD student at the Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, according to the rules stipulated in “Bekendtgørelse nr. 18 af 14. januar 2008 om ph.d.-graden.“
Terms of employment
Salary and other terms and conditions of appointment are set in accordance with the Agreement between the Ministry of Finance and AC (Danish Confederation of Professional Associations) or other relevant professional organisations. Depending on seniority, the monthly salary begins around 25.579 DKK (ca. 3.450 EUR) plus pension. The position is covered by the Job Structure for Academic Staff at Universities (2013).
For further information about the position please contact Professor Per Sangild, email@example.com or Associate Professor Thomas Thymann, firstname.lastname@example.org. For any administrative queries please contact Administrative Officer Marie-Louise Rosenlund, email email@example.com.
The application must be submitted in English, by clicking on “Apply online” below, and must include the following:
- Cover letter detailing your motivation and background for applying for the specific PhD project
- Diploma and detailed transcripts of records
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any), peer reviewed and other
- Personal recommendations (if any)
- A maximum of 3 relevant scientific works which the applicant wishes to be included in the assessment
The deadline for applications is 15 August 2016. Any applications received after this time or incomplete will not be considered.
Receipts of the applications will be acknowledged, and the applicant will be kept continuously informed of the progress of the application.
The further process
Shortlist: After the expiry of the deadline for applications, the authorized recruitment manager selects applicants for assessment on the advice of the Appointments Committee. All applicants are then immediately notified whether their application has been passed for assessment by an expert assessment committee. Selected applicants are notified of the composition of the committee and each applicant has the opportunity to comment on the part of the assessment that relates to the applicant him/herself. You can read about the recruitment process at http://employment.ku.dk
Assessment: The selected applications will be assessed according to the Ministerial Order no. 242 of 13 March 2012 on the Appointment of Academic Staff at Universities and the University of Copenhagen’s guidelines 2013. The Assessment Committee makes a non-prioritized assessment of the academic qualifications and experience with respect to the mentioned area of research, techniques, skills and other requirements listed in the advertisement.
Please note that the applicant will be contacted if the assessment committee requires further documentation.
The University of Copenhagen wishes to reflect the diversity of society and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
Application deadline: 15 August 2016
Contact persons: Per Sangild, email firstname.lastname@example.org or
Employer: Department of Veterinary Clinical and Animal Sciences
منبع: University of Copenhagen
اخبار مرتبط :
برای دریافت اطلاعات بیشتر در این رابطه به منوی لینک های ویژه ، پست اپلای ، ادامه تحصیل خارج از کشور – رزومه – بورس – توصیه نامه – نحوه گرفتن پذیرش و موارد مهم دیگر که پیوسته به روز رسانی می شود مراجعه کنید و یا در خبرنامه ایمیلی رایتمن ثبت نام کنید تا اخبار جدید استعلام شده در این رابطه برای شما ارسال شود.